Fleadh Átha Cliath coming to Craobh Chualann
Be part of an exciting week of Irish Culture
10th – 15th May 2016 in Dalkey
Each year Comhaltas in Dublin organises Fleadh Átha Cliath. In 2016 Craobh Chualann will be hosting the Dublin Fleadh. Central to the Dublin Fleadh are the competitions in different aspects of Irish traditional culture, the competitions cover dance, music, song and language.
But there is a lot more to the Fleadh than just the competitions. The Dublin Fleadh will have more than a week of entertainment, covering traditional and contemporary Irish culture, in concerts and sessions in a variety of venues in Dalkey. Events will include the following:
- Tuesday, 10th May 2016: Fleadh opening event including entertainment
- Thursday, 12th May 2016: Special Performance of 1916 Requiem composed by Odhrán Ó Cassaide
- Friday, 13th May 2016: All-Stars Performance by Craobh Chualann
- Saturday, 14th May 2016: Concert by one of the main traditional music bands
- 12th May – 14th May 2016, 9PM: Sessions in local pubs in Dalkey
- Street Musicians
More details on all events to follow.
All events associated with the Dublin Fleadh will be held in venues in Dalkey Heritage Town.
The main competitions will be held in Loreto Abbey Secondary School in Dalkey from 13th – 15th May 2016.
What can you do?
- Come and join us!
- Support the Fleadh entertainment by attending.
- Support the Fleadh by sponsoring.
- Direct help, the Fleadh is a major undertaking, help is needed with plenty of tasks, door keeping, car parking, ticket sale, Fleadh snack shop, making teas and coffees etc.
Your support is needed
Due to limited parking spaces please use public transport: DART to Dalkey and Buses No. 7D, 8 and 59.